What is Goieki?
Goieki is Goierri's Regional Development Agency, whose capital is contributed by the 18 local councils which make up the Goierri region. It was set up in 1993 with the aim of beginning the roll-out of the Regional Strategic Plan.
Likewise, Goieki is made up of five departments:
- Zerbitzualdea, the department which helps regional industry.
- The Incubator, the department whose function is to provide help for business start-ups.
- GOITUR S.L., whose function is to promote tourism in the region.
- The Social department, whose functions are social in nature.
- The department responsible for Local Agenda 21 and sustainable development
- Other services:
- Business centre for Local Councils
- Streamlining of regional public transport and co-ordinating committee.
- Financial assistance for the elderly
- Innovative ideas competition
Later on, in 2005, a new Regional Strategic Plan was drawn up promoting sustainable development in the Goierri region whose kingpin was a better quality of life for all its people.